Having received only light circulation, this vintage coin is a great investment for those who wish to acquire Gold that circulated in the U.S. more than a century ago.
- Population of 389 coins at this grade level with 704 graded higher.
- Mintage of 657,460
- Contains .2419 oz of Gold.
- Encapsulated & protected by NGC as AU-55.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word "LIBERTY" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast. Surrounding the eagle is "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" and the denomination “FIVE D.” to represent five dollars.
- Designed by William Kneass and minted from 1834-1838.
Display your graded Liberty Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Enhance your Pre-1933 Gold coin collection with this highly sought after coin. Add this historic and highly respected coin to your cart today!
The Classic Head design was the first year of the reduced-size half eagle to distinguish it from older coins whose collectible value had grown to more than the face value. More than 2 million classic head coins were struck from 1834 to 1838, with very few outside the Philadelphia Mint. Charlotte and Dahlonega mintages account for under 40,000 coins and were only minted in the last year of this design.
This design was the first year of the reduced-size half eagle to distinguish