In the late 1960s, the Defense Logistics Agency had over 165 million ounces of Silver in its stockpile. The government dumped the Silver into the open market in 1980 and 1981 to drive down Silver prices after the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual bars come in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features the American flag and an eagle along with the weight and purity.
- Reverse: Displays the words, “Minted From U.S. Strategic Stockpile Silver” and “Formerly Stored at U.S. Assay Office in San Francisco" (or New York).
- Secondary Market Silver could be perfect, scruffy or somewhere in between.
Protect your bars from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These bars are over 35 years old and so it is expected that they may exhibit contact marks, toning, etc.. Own a piece of history by adding this 1 oz Silver bar to your cart today!