The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a perfect MS-70 by NGC, honors Sarah Polk.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect Mint State-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Sarah Polk.
- Reverse: Mrs. Polk served as President Polk's private secretary in the White House, the only First Lady to have acted in that capacity. The reverse depicts her working in the White House in support of her husband's career.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Sarah Polk coin to your cart today!
As First Lady, Sarah Polk instituted many changes in the White House. She and her husband opened the White House twice a week to all visitors for evening receptions and personally greeted those who attended. In the summer, the Marine Corps Band played once a week on the lawn for visitors. She also oversaw the refurbishment of the White House, including the installation of gas lighting.