This is the Proof 2011 Israel Silver Elijah in the Whirlwind offered by the Holy Land Mint and is the 16th in the series of the Biblical Art coins series.
- Contains 0.857 oz of Silver.
- Mintage of only 2,800 coins.
- Presented with a box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts Elijah the Prophet ascending to heaven in the whirlwind, in a chariot of fire drawn by horses of fire (Kings II, 2:11). Elisha, who was to take over Elijah's mission, appears to the left, below Elijah, crying out and refusing to accept the parting with his beloved master.
- Reverse: The denomination, year of issue, and the word "Israel" in Hebrew, English and Arabic.
- Crafted by The Holy Land Mint with a face value of 2 New Sheqalim.
Add this beautiful Elijah in the Whirlwind Proof coin to your cart today!
The Holy Land Mint - Israel Coins & Medals Corp. (ICMC) was established in 1961 and perpetually pursues their stated objective of “commemorating significant historic, national, social, scientific, and cultural achievements of the State of Israel” by specializing in commissioning, designing, minting and distributing unique Gold and Silver coins which reflect the unique character of Israel’s past, present and hoped-for future. They have worked on behalf of the Bank of Israel for several commemorative coins, and many of their remarkable coins are only offered in limited editions. Each of their products holds a uniquely historic legacy that is complimented by their renowned reputation for high quality coins and rounds.