The Perth Mint received over 160,000 requests for this coin, so the low mintage of only 30,000 makes this coin difficult to find and in high demand.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- Certified MS-70 by PCGS and comes in an PCGS holder to protect and guarantee the condition of the coin.
- The First Strikes label ensures that these coin were received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Mintage of only 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, purity of .9999 fine Gold and the monetary denomination are shown on the obverse.
- Reverse: Each Gold coin features a traditional Chinese dragon, a “pearl of wisdom” and the Chinese character for “dragon” on the reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Proudly display your 1 oz Gold Lunar Year of the Dragon coin by adding a display box to your order.
Add this spectacularly graded 2012 1 oz Gold Lunar Year of the Dragon release from the Perth Mint to your cart today!
In the Chinese Lunar Calendar, 2012 is the Year of the Dragon. The dragon is known for its strength, beauty, and noble nature. These traits are flawlessly portrayed in the Perth Mint's 2012 Year of the Dragon coin. Not only is the dragon the only mythical creature in the Chinese zodiac, it is also one of the most popular.