This restrike was minted by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2002, from the actual Gold ingots assayed by Justh & Hunter in 1857. These historical ingots were recovered from the wreck of the S.S. Central America in 1987 by the Columbus-America Discovery Group.
- Contains .54 oz actual Gold weight and a purity of .943 fine.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees this coin.
- Obverse: Features a Cowboy or Spanish Vaquero riding horseback.
- Reverse: Depicts an American Eagle similar in design to official U.S. Gold coins.
- Mintage of only 4,006 coins.
Display your Gold coin in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
This 49er Horseman coin is a special commemorative designed to look like the original Horseman coin from Baldwin & Co. Add a piece of history to your cart today!