The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded an MS-69 by PCGS, honors Lucy Hayes.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-69 condition.
- First Strike designation guarantees this coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of minting.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Lucy Hayes.
- Reverse: President and Mrs. Hayes began the tradition of hosting the Easter Egg Roll on the White House grounds. The reverse design represents Lucy Hayes' participation in the first Easter Egg Roll held at the White House.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Lucy Hayes coin to your cart today!
Lucretia Rudolph Garfield was born on April 19, 1832, in Garrettsville, Ohio. She first met future President "Jim" Garfield when both attended a nearby school, and they renewed their friendship in 1851 as students at the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute. The couple married in 1858.