First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Elizabeth Monroe.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the PR-69 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Elizabeth Monroe.
- Reverse: On January 1, 1818, Elizabeth and James Monroe held a grand New Year’s Day reception marking the reopening of the White House, which was rebuilt after its burning at the hands of the British in 1814. The reverse shows Mrs. Monroe with one of the nine pieces still in the White House today.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Gold coin to your cart today!
Elizabeth Kortright was born in New York City in 1768 and married James Monroe at age 17. The family made their home in Virginia, but spent several years overseas while James Madison served as U.S. Foreign Minister to Great Britain, France, and Spain. She became a popular figure in France, where she was affectionately called "la belle Americane" because of her beauty and style.