|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
These beautiful burnished coins were struck on specially polished blanks and treated to give them a distinct look from the regular business strike coins.
- Contains a total of 1 oz actual Gold weight and 1 oz of actual Silver weight.
- Certified by NGC as MS-69 with the blue anniversary label.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.