This is a nice Semi-Key date with a mintage of only 350,000 coins. This 1889 Carson City mint Morgan Silver Dollar is graded as being in Extra Fine condition. Big price jump in the next higher grade.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Left facing profile of Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap adorned with wheat and cotton balls in her hair.
- Reverse: Bald eagle with outstretched wings clutching an olive branch and arrows in its talons.
- Features the Carson City Mint's "CC" mintmark.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Morgan Silver Dollar in style by adding a clear plastic capsule to your order.
The Morgan Dollar was a part of everyday currency in America for almost 80 years. Add this 1889-CC Morgan Silver Dollar to your cart today!
The Morgan Dollar holds a special place in U.S. coinage as it was the first coin to feature Lady Liberty with an American look, rather than the traditional Greek style. Her cap is adorned with wheat and cotton as a tribute to America's agricultural history.
The image of the eagle was also updated for the Morgan Dollar, showing a proportionally correct eagle with beautifully designed feathers. He carries an olive branch, showing America's desire for peace, and is perched atop a bundle of arrows, signifying America's readiness to defend her borders against attack.
The Morgan Dollar flooded the markets from 1878-1904. Nearly two decades after production halted, the Morgan Dollar was seen again for one year only, in 1921, due to a renewed desire for this iconic, beautiful design.