This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of Lucy Hayes. Each coin contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold, making their intrinsic value just as exquisite as the design and production.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Lucy Hayes.
- Reverse: President and Mrs. Hayes began the tradition of hosting the Easter Egg Roll on the White House grounds. The reverse design represents Lucy Hayes' participation in the first Easter Egg Roll held at the White House.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Lucy Hayes Gold Coin to your cart today!
Lucy Ware Webb Hayes married Rutherford B. "Rud" Hayes in 1852 and lived in Cincinnati until the Civil War. The future President grew to share her deep opposition to slavery. Mrs. Hayes was a temperance advocate, and alcohol was banned at the White House during her husband's administration. However, her famous nickname "Lemonade Lucy" was apparently only used after she left the White House.