The Mexican Libertad is Mexico’s treasured coin and are always minted in limited numbers. Their growing worldwide popularity has caused a higher demand, so these beloved coins are becoming more and more difficult to acquire.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins are presented in plastic flips. Multiples of 20 will be packaged in APMEX tubes.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Victory statue of Mexican independence in front of volcanic mountains Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, surrounded by the weight, purity and date.
- Reverse: Mexican national seal with an eagle sitting atop a cactus surrounded by symbols representing Mexico’s 10 provinces.
Display your coin in style by browsing our presentation box category.
With its beloved, historic design, this 1 oz Silver coin is popular with both collectors and investors. Add the 2012 1 oz Silver Libertad to your cart today!
Shown on the obverse are Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, two volcanoes that overlook the Valley of Mexico. These volcanoes tell a story of two lovers from warring families, similar to Romeo and Juliet. The volcanoes represent the warrior Iztaccíhuatl mourning the death of his beloved Popocatépetl.
Mexican Silver Libertad -- why buy Mexican Silver from APMEX?Silver bullion is one of the world's favorite bullion investment metal. Silver is a popular way to diversify wealth. To buy Mexican Silver for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Mo - Mexico City|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Banco de Mexico|