|Mint Mark:||Mo - Mexico City|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Banco de Mexico|
The Mexican Libertad is Mexico’s treasured coin and are always minted in limited numbers. Their growing worldwide popularity has caused a higher demand, so these beloved coins are becoming more and more difficult to acquire.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins are presented in plastic flips. Multiples of 20 will be packaged in APMEX tubes.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Victory statue of Mexican independence in front of volcanic mountains Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, surrounded by the weight, purity and date.
- Reverse: Mexican national seal with an eagle sitting atop a cactus surrounded by symbols representing Mexico’s 10 provinces.
Display your coin in style by browsing our presentation box category.
With its beloved, historic design, this 1 oz Silver coin is popular with both collectors and investors. Add the 2012 1 oz Silver Libertad to your cart today!
Shown on the obverse are Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, two volcanoes that overlook the Valley of Mexico. These volcanoes tell a story of two lovers from warring families, similar to Romeo and Juliet. The volcanoes represent the warrior Iztaccíhuatl mourning the death of his beloved Popocatépetl.