Very nice coin. This Liberty Seated Dollar is graded Extra Fine-45 by NGC. In 1843, only 165,100 Liberty Seated Dollars were struck, making it a tough coin to locate.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the XF-45 condition.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht.
- Obverse: Features Liberty holding a pole with a Liberty cap in her left hand and a shield in her right hand.
- Reverse: Depicts an eagle holding an olive branch and a cluster of arrows, with a shield on its chest.
- Coins from the Philadelphia Mint did not produce a mintmark.
Display your Silver Dollar in style by adding one of these display boxes to your order.
The Seated Silver Dollar was minted before, during and after the Civil War, making it a desirable coin to collect. Add to your collection by including this 1843 Liberty Seated Dollar in your cart today!
The Liberty Seated Dollar was minted from 1840 to 1873. Seated Liberty Silver Dollars were primarily minted in Philadelphia, although there are 12 different branch mint issues.