This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of Lucretia Garfield. Each coin contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold, making their intrinsic value just as exquisite as the design and production.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Lucretia Garfield.
- Reverse: Lucretia and James built a large home in Washington and set aside one room in the house for herself, where she was able to paint and draw in private. The reverse design represents Lucretia Garfield's interest in art and features her painting on a canvas with brush and palette in hand.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Lucretia Garfield Gold coin to your cart today!
Lucretia Rudolph Garfield was born on April 19, 1832, in Garrettsville, Ohio. She first met future President "Jim" Garfield when both attended a nearby school, and they renewed their friendship in 1851 as students at the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute. The couple married in 1858.