The dragon is one of the most beloved and significant symbols in Chinese culture. This celestial, supernatural power is associated with countless legends. It symbolizes success, good fortune and wisdom, its greatest gift of all.
The magical dragon is always associated with the emperor, the ruling class or supreme power. It can become invisible and change its size and color at will. The dragon also rules the seas and guards a great treasure hidden at its depths, the pearl.
- Contains 2/3 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 14,888 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Depicts a dragon clutching a symbolic "hologram" of a shimmering maple leaf privy. A red crystallized Swarovski Element embedded in the center of the coin symbolizes joy and good fortune.
The dragon also symbolizes good fortune, as well as success and prosperity, but most of all wisdom. Add this Silver Dragon Maple of Wisdom coin to your cart today!
A very interesting detail of this coin is the number of eights associated with it: the mintage is 14,888, the face value is $8, and it weighs 0.80 of Troy oz. The number eight is considered to be a lucky number in Chinese culture due to the fact that in Mandarin Chinese, it sounds like the word "prosper" or "wealth". Eight is pronounced "ba" while, prosper or wealth is pronounced "fa". In Cantonese, the number eight is pronounced "baat" and prosperity is pronounced "faat".