This set was released to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Perth Mint.
- Contains .4708 oz of Gold and .161 oz of Silver.
- Comes in an original Jarrah wood box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 350 sets.
- Obverse: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and is distinguished by the Perth Mint Centenary Mintmark, "P100" positioned where the date would normally be shown on the reverse.
- Reverse: Replicates the original reverse design of St. George slaying the dragon, as featured on all Perth Mint Sovereigns.
- Sovereign obverse: Bust of Edward VII.
- Sovereign reverse:* A rendition of St. George mounted on horseback slaying a dragon, designed by Benedetto Pistrucci.
Add this low mintage, collectible set to your cart today!
The Centenary sovereign features a 22 carat Gold centerpiece, with the same specifications as the original Perth Mint Sovereign, and is surrounded by a 99.9% pure Silver border.
The Perth Mint Centenary Sovereign and the importance of historic role of the Sovereign and the importance of Silver in the mint's heritage. The Perth Mint has been Australia's major Gold and Silver refiner since 1899, and 100 years on, it is still producing Gold and Silver coins for investors and collectors around the world.