|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - Philadelphia|
|Metal Content:||5 troy oz|
From the highly celebrated America The Beautiful 5 oz Silver Coin Series comes New Mexico's Chaco Culture National Park, which contains the most vast collection of ancient ruins north of Mexico, depicted on the second release in 2012.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in capsules. Multiples of 10 come in mint-issued tubes without capsules. Orders of 100 come in mint-issued monster boxes also without capsules.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of “United States of America”,” Liberty”, “In God We Trust” and “Quarter Dollar”.
- Reverse: Features a view to the west of two elevated kivas that are part of the Chetro Ketl Complex. Inscriptions are “Chaco Culture,” “New Mexico,” “2012” and “E Pluribus Unum.”
Protect your Silver ATB coin in style by adding a beautiful display box to your order.
The America the Beautiful Silver Coin Series is loved for its unique designs and low mintages. Add this 2012 5 oz Silver Chaco Culture National Park coin to your cart today!
Chaco Canyon in northwestern New Mexico was the cultural epicenter of the ancient Pueblo Peoples between 850 and 1150 A.D. and is today known for its "Great Houses,” distinctive architecture which feature many petroglyphs and pictographs, and kivas, or ceremonial structures.
The Chacoan sites are a part of a larger network of Native Americans which included the Pueblo, Hopi and Navajo tribes. The canyon was the center of a system of communities linked across 40,000 square miles in the American southwest.
Chaco Canyon was first established as a national site on March 11, 1907. The reverse of this Silver coin illustrates two of the elevated kivas that are part of the Chetro Ketl Great House as well as the north walls of both the Chetro Ketl and the canyon.