This set contains all five 2012 coins struck by the Perth Mint for the Discover Australia series. The coins depict artistry inspired by the beautiful Australian landscape and its wildlife.
- Contains five 1 oz Silver proof coins.
- Each coin comes packaged in a plastic capsule and displayed in a wood box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 7,500 sets.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value.
- Reverse: Features animal designs for 2012 including the bell frog, goanna, kangaroo, kookaburra and a whale shark.
- Sovereign coins backed by the Australian government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful 5-Coin 1 oz Silver Proof Set to your cart today!
Each design is enhanced with a colored pattern in the background, designed by Darryl Bellotti.
The five exciting new animal designs for 2012 coins feature the:
Red Kangaroo – the largest species of Australia’s best known animal.
Whale Shark – the world’s biggest fish, yet despite its formidable size is considered harmless.
Green and Gold Bell Frog – a strikingly beautiful amphibian that prefers to live near water or in wetlands.
Goanna – one of Australia’s largest monitor lizards found throughout most of Australia.
Kookaburra – one of Australia’s most recognizable birds found throughout the mainland and known for its distinctive laughing call.
The set contains a bimetallic medal which contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold and 12.8 grams of .999 fine Silver.