The Privy Marked Maple Leaf series has been tremendously popular for collectors and investors since its inception. This issue honors the centennial of the Titanic, who made her fateful maiden voyage in 1912.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a plastic flip.
- Mintage of only 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: This Silver Maple Leaf coin features a privy mark of the R.M.S Titanic on the reverse to the left of the maple leaf’s stem in Reverse Proof design!
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this 2012 Silver Maple Leaf with Titanic Privy Mark to your cart today!
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.