This series debuted in 2011 and pays tribute to the key French sovereigns who most affected the French nation’s history.
- Contains 1/4 ounces of Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Features Philippe II Auguste is depicted wearing one of the first crowns to bear the royal fleur de lys. The King's name appears along the edge of the coin.
- Reverse: Depicts the Louvre in Philippe II Auguste's time. The dates of his reign (1180-1223) also appear at the top of the coin.
- Guarenteed by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any coin collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2012 1/4 oz Proof Gold Legendary Collection Philippe II Auguste coin to your cart today!
This Proof Gold 50 Euro coin, is part of the “From Clovis to the Republic – 1,500 Years of French History” series. Three coins are released per year, and this issue, honors Philippe II Auguste (1165-1223). He achieved major military victories which reaffirmed his royal power and brought the Feudal era to an end. He constructed the Louvre in order to demonstrate his resolve to make Paris the capital.
Gold -- why buy Gold from APMEX?Gold is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||0.25 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Monnaie de Paris|