|Mint Mark:||B - New York|
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|
This series 1934-A $500 Federal Reserve Note is from the New York district and is in Extra Fine plus condition. Almost all $500, and $1,000 bills have been removed from circulation and are no longer available!
- Next to the highest denomination used in general circulation.
- This note comes housed in a Capital plastics deluxe currency holder.
- Lightly circulated $500 note from series 1934.
- Better than Extra Fine condition.
- Last printed in 1945 and bears the portrait of President William McKinley.
These high denomination notes were last printed in 1945, and the government stopped issuing them in 1969. Due to the limited numbers printed, these notes have become popular with currency collectors over the years.