The Gold Buffalo contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold and pays homage to James Earle Fraser's classic Buffalo Nickel design. This coin is in beautiful proof finish and has been certified as a perfect Proof-70 by PCGS, adding to its collectible value.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold, and is the first U.S. Mint series to be produced in pure Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the coin's flawless condition.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Buy America's premier Gold coin in a beautiful proof finish from the West Point Mint. Add the 2011-W 1 oz Proof Gold Buffalo certified PR-70 by PCGS to your cart today!