The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a perfect MS-70 by PCGS, honors First Spouse Martha Washington.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Martha Washington.
- Reverse: Depicts the First Lady sewing a button on to her husband’s uniform jacket.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Martha Washington First Spouse coin to your cart today!
Born Martha Dandridge on June 2, 1731, the future First Lady of the United States married Daniel Parke Custis when she was 18 years old, and was a mother of two surviving children when her first husband died in 1757. She married George Washington two years later, and for much of the next 40 years, Martha Washington fulfilled her role of a military and political wife with ease and grace. She and husband George retired from public life at the end of his second term as President, and lived out their lives at Mount Vernon, not far from the capital city that would soon bear their name.