|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
This coin is the second release of the Dragons of Legend five coin series and features a ferocious green dragon!
- Contains 1 oz of .999 Silver in a flawless Proof finish.
- Comes in a box with an illustrated shipper and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a full colorized portrait of the Chinese Dragon, rising from the sea, set against a dramatic skyline, design by Howard David Johnson. The design also includes "DRAGONS OF LEGEND" and "CHINESE DRAGON" along with monetary denomination.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Tuvalu government.
Add this Chinese Dragon Proof coin to your cart today!
The exact origin of the Chinese dragon is not known, but the symbolic use of the creature in Chinese culture dates back thousands of years. Ancient Chinese records refer to unearthed dinosaur bones as dragon bones and documented them as such.
This legendary creature has played an important role in ancient mythology, folklore and culture.
The dragon is believed to represent power, strength, prosperity and good luck. The Emperor of China traditionally used the dragon as a symbol of imperial eminence. It is a respected, global symbol known for its power to change the world and help people in need.