This exquisite coin features a pyramid shape and sand collected from Kink Tut's grave. A low mintage of only 250 pieces struck adds to the collectibility of this issue.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in original mint case in the shape of a pyramid and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 250 coins.
- Features a unique pyramid shape.
- Obverse: Carries an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with Egyptian hieroglyphs.
- Reverse: Depicts an image of King Tutankhamun being welcomed into the afterlife. A sun disc appears at the top of the design and includes sand collected from Tutankhamun's tomb.
- Guaranteed by the Isle of Man government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this coin to your cart today!
The idea that countries, big or small, can and should have their own coinage is what pushed the Pobjoy Mint forward. Pobjoy approached the Isle of Man government to begin a program of collector coins with corresponding values and specifications as British coins. In 1972, the Pobjoy Mint created the first practical set of coins for the Isle of Man including a 1/2 penny and up to 50 pence coins. These coins included historical and cultural elements, such as the Isle of Man’s distinctive three-legged “Triskele” insignia.
Since then, the Pobjoy Mint has issued an array of innovative and artistic coins sought after by some of the choosiest collectors. One particular contribution to numismatics and coin production was the development of the world’s first satisfactory man-made Precious Metal, called Virenium, which has been used in high denomination coinage since 1978. This was hailed worldwide as the first significant breakthrough in coinage from the last century.
The Pobjoy Mint provides circulation and collector coinage for 12 countries and territories, and that number is ever increasing. Pobjoy Mint has been consistently recognized within the numismatic industry for their innovations, including 45 “firsts” such as the first Silver one kilo coin, the first coin in the shape of the Eiffel Tower, the first titanium coin and the world’s highest relief coin. The Pobjoy Mint has demonstrated their ability to push the limits of the coin industry to surprising achievements and new heights.