|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
This coin is the seventh release in The Deadly and Dangerous coin series from the Perth Mint.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 Silver in flawless Proof finish.
- Mintage of only 5,000.
- Each Silver coin is housed in a high-gloss timber presentation case and illustrated outer box appropriately emblazoned with the word ‘Danger’. These coins are also accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a deadly Funnel Web Spider against a colored background of its web and leaves. The inscription "AUSTRALIA’S FUNNEL WEB SPIDER" is included in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of Tuvalu.
Add this Funnel Web Spider coin to your cart today!
Continuing the incredibly popular Deadly and Dangerous series, this sensational release portrays Australia’s Funnel Web Spider. Recognized by their glossy black head and thorax, the insect’s size ranges from 1.5 to 5 centimeters in length – depending on the species.
Australia’s Funnel Web Spiders live in burrows in sheltered positions below ground, in stumps, tree trunks, rocks, or other similarly sheltered positions above the ground. Their burrows are lined with a tell-tale sock of opaque white silk and several strong strands of silk radiating from the entrance.
In water, the Funnel Web Spider can survive for up to thirty hours, so if you spot a spider in a swimming pool do not be tempted to touch it. The mature male will wander at night, looking for a mate, and is the deliverer of the deadliest toxin.