This Silver Dollar was the first coin depicting a First Lady of the United States, commemorating the 150th anniversary of Dolley Madison's death.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a U.S. Mint presentation box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 89,104.
- Obverse: Features Madison on the grounds of the Montpelier estate with her favorite Cape Jasmine flowers.
- Reverse: Displays an image of Montpelier.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Dolley Madison $1 Silver Commemorative coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 1999-P Dolley Madison Silver coin to your cart today!
Dolley Madison was the wife of President James Madison. Mrs. Madison served as hostess at the White House for 16 years, during the term of widowed President Thomas Jefferson, and then during her husband's administration. When British troops sacked Washington, D.C. in 1814 she rescued Gilbert Stuart's painting of George Washington from the burning White House.