This is the first coin of a new series honoring great French ships. Every year for five years, this series will pay tribute to a sailing ship, a warship and an ocean liner. The Hermione became famous when Gen. Lafayette ferried her to the United States in 1780 to join the American side in the American Revolutionary War. A replica was constructed and launched in 2012 to re-enact this historical journey.
- Contains 5 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a capsule with a mint box and certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 500 coins.
- Obverse: The Hermione with wind in all her sails, upon a stormy sea. The ship's helm and jibs are clearly visible.
- Reverse: The Hermione's figurehead of lion holding a coat of arms is depicted on the front sail.
- Individual number of issue on the edge.
Add this beautiful 5 oz Silver Proof Great French Ships "The Hermione" to your cart today!
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||5 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Monnaie de Paris|