This $3 Gold Princess has survived more than 150 years with only light circulation. Third party grading is the best way to invest in this denomination.
- Contains .1451 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the AU-58 condition.
- Obverse: Represents the Indian Princess with hair tightly curling over the neck.
- Reverse: Depicts a wreath to pay tribute to the agricultural contributions of each state with the denomination and year of issue.
- U.S. Mint issue from the following mint: Philadelphia.
Protect and display your $3 Gold Princess coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Many of these coins have been melted over the years, reducing their number and adding collectibility to a classic Gold coin design. Enhance your collection by adding this Gold $3 Princess Coin to your cart today!
The $3 Gold Princess was issued every year from 1854 to 1889. This unusual denomination boasts an indirect tie-in with the stamp collecting community. The price of a first class postage stamp was 3¢ during the years in which this denomination was minted. Thus, the $3.00 Gold Piece was perfect for purchasing a complete sheet of 100 stamps.