This Silver coin commemorates the 125th anniversary of Thomas Edison’s demonstration of his first successful electric light bulb.
- Each coin contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a U.S. Mint box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 92,510 coins.
- Obverse: Designed by Donna Weaver and included a depiction of Thomas Edison from the waist up holding an early experimental light bulb.
- Reverse: Designed by John Mercanti featuring an image of Edison’s first light bulb.
Thomas Alva Edison successfully tested an electric light bulb. Using a carbon filament within a glass housing, the bulb remained illuminated for a satisfactory amount of time. This achievement culminated a period in which Edison had tested several hundred different materials and arrangements, without success.
Add this 2004 Thomas Edison commemorative coin to your cart today!