The Royal Canadian Mint celebrates Gold fever throughout the 1860s with this beautiful 1/25 oz Gold Proof coin.
- Contains 1/25 oz of .9999 fine Gold, metal content of 1.270 grams.
- Encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell with black beauty box.
- Mintage of only 12,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a tin pan sifting Gold flecks over rushing water.
Add this 2012 1/25 oz Proof Gold Cariboo Gold Rush coin to your collection today!
In this coin’s reverse image design, Canadian artist Tony Bianco portrays the elemental image that inspired Gold fever throughout the 1860s: a rusty, smoke-blackened tin pan, just lifted from the river’s waters, filled with gleaming Gold dust and nuggets of purest water-filtered Gold. Against a polished central field, the image centers on the pan, highly texturized by Royal Canadian Mint engravers to convey the rough, gritty nature of this time-worn prospecting tool. Two hands grasp the pan from the top of the image, carefully tipping it toward the river’s waters lying just below the pan, to bring to light assorted rocks, stones, sand and Gold nuggets.