On December 17, 1903, Orville and Wilbur Wright successfully achieved the first powered, controlled flight. The U.S. Mint honored the centennial of this achievement with a $10 Proof Gold coin, complete with certificate of authenticity from the mint.
- .4838 oz of actual Gold weight.
- Comes in a mint-issued box with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features overlapping portraits of Orville and Wilbur Wright, both facing the viewer.
- Reverse: Features the 1903 Wright Flyer and American bald eagle seen from above. North Carolina sand dune line is at the bottom.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Celebrate the centennial of human flight with this beautiful Proof Gold coin. Add the 2003-W $10 Gold First Flight Commemorative coin to your cart today!
Gold -- why buy Gold from APMEX?Gold is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.4838 troy oz|