|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
This is the second of a new eight coin series featuring Australia’s favorite nocturnal animals.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Presented in a prestigious display case, a light turns on as you open the case, highlighting the opal design and symbolizing moonlight, shining down on the nocturnal koala. Also inside an illustrated shipper and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 8,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features an inner panel design of a wombat detailed in pure Australian opal. The outer panel of the coin depicts Bottlebrush leaves and blossoms, a waxing crescent moon and the Southern Cross - a renowned star group which is only visible in the Southern hemisphere, design by Aleysha Howarth.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this Opal Wombat coin to your cart today!
Wombats are completely herbivorous and feed from a variety of grasses, roots, fungi, shrubs, bark and mosses. The wombat has a backwards-facing pouch, so that while digging burrows, dirt does not spill over its young.
Like many Australian mammals, this unique creature is nocturnal. It will sleep most of the day in its burrow, and at dusk or at night will forage for food.