With lower annual mintages than the 1 oz Gold Eagles, fractional Gold American Eagles combine the best aspects of collectibility with the bullion investment appeal of Gold coins.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Low mintage of 58,000 coins makes them attractive to collectors.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect and display your coin in style by adding attractive display or gift boxes recommended for this coin.
Back-dated Gold American Eagles are an ideal way to fill in any Gold Eagle coin collection or to commemorate a specific year. Add this 2013 1/2 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!