First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of Frances Cleveland during her husband's 2nd Term.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box with a certificate of authenticity from the U.S. Mint.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady, Frances Cleveland.
- Reverse: Depicts an event emblematic of Mrs. Cleveland's popularity with the public.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Frances Cleveland Gold Coin to your cart today!
An only child, Frances Cleveland was born in Buffalo, New York in 1864. Her father's partner, Grover, bought her first baby carriage and doted on the newborn as if she were his own. After her father's death, Grover carefully guided her education as she entered Wells College. With Mrs. Folsom's permission, Cleveland continued to correspond with her and continued to shower her with gifts and flowers. Soon, affection turned to romance and the couple were wed at the White House in 1886. During her husband's second term she remained in public favor and had become one of the most popular women ever to serve as hostess.