Series 1957 $1 Silver CertificateStar ★ Note from the hard to find *-D block. Priest/Anderson signatures. This note is in Fine condition.
- This denomination and type was used widely in circulation until the 1960s.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Notes in this listing from series 1957 with Priest/Anderson signatures.
- Last printed in early 1961 and feature the familiar portrait of President George Washington.
- Notes in this listing are in Fine condition.
Although many of these series were printed in the billions, Crisp Uncirculated examples of these Silver Certificates, the newest of which are over 50 years old, are not that easy to find! These were the last Silver Certificates issued, and believe it or not, the last denomination to be replaced with Federal Reserve Notes beginning in 1963.
The Treasury Department stopped redeeming these notes for Silver in June of 1968, but they remained legal tender. Although over 2.6 billion were printed, examples from the tough *-D Block are getting harder to find.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|