This set contains the Silver dollar and five dollar Gold coin, issued to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Contains the Silver dollar and five dollar Gold coin.
- Silver coins contain a total of 1.546 oz of Silver.
- Gold coins contain a total of .4838 oz of Gold.
- Comes complete with the original box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Silver Obverse: Features "The Castle" building on the Mall in Washington, the original home of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Silver Reverse: Depicts a goddess sitting on top of a world globe. In her left hand she holds a torch, in the right a scroll inscribed, "Art, History, Science."
- Gold Obverse: Includes a bust of James Smithson facing left.
- Gold Reverse: Designed by James T. Ferrell, the reverse shows a sunburst with "Smithsonian" below.
Add this 1996 4-coin Smithsonian Anniversary Commemorative Set to your cart today!