2008 marked 25 years since the first Gold Angel coin was issued by the Pobjoy Mint. To mark the longevity of this series, the Pobjoy Mint released a brand new design of the Archangel Michael and the Dragon on behalf of the Isle of Man government.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the PF-69 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 250 coins.
- Obverse: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year of issue.
- Reverse: A beautiful rendition of St. Michael the Archangel slaying a dragon along with the coin's fineness, denomination and weight.
- Produced by the Pobjoy Mint in England.
- Backed by Isle of Man government.
Protect and display your 2008 Isle of Man Proof Gold Angel coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This gorgeous graded Proof Gold Angel would make a fantastic addition to any collection due to its numismatic appeal. Add this Gold coin to your cart today!
1984 saw the release of the very first Gold Angel coin, which depicted a classical image of Saint Michael with heavily feathered wings astride the fiery dragon. A Celtic band appeared, which was broken at the top of the coin with an image of the Isle of Man Triskeles.
On the 10th anniversary in 1994, the second design was released portraying a more stylized image of the Archangel, with a toned and muscular torso, spearing the dragon. The Celtic band was also removed to create a more modern design.
To celebrate the 25th year of the Gold Angel, a third design was created in 2008, offering the classical appeal of the original with elements such as the Celtic band, feathered wings and a more powerful image of Saint Michael slaying the Dragon. A repetition of the Triskeles symbol also appears in the center of the St. George's cross on the shield.