Slightly better date in this series, nice for the grade. These beautiful coins were minted during what is defined as the "Renaissance of American Coinage".
- Contains .9675 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation authenticates and protects the MS-65 condition of the coin.
- Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and minted from 1907-1933.
- Obverse: Shows Lady Liberty striding in front of the sun's rays with a fiery torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Features a majestic bald eagle in flight with "United States of America" and "Twenty Dollars" above.
- U.S. Mint issue from the following mints: Philadelphia, Denver or San Francisco.
Protect your investment by adding a beautiful presentation box to your order today!
Add this certified $20 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!
The 1909-S double eagle is plentiful through near-Gem, after which the population declines precipitously. MS-65s such as the current offering are quite scarce and finer examples are very rare. Vibrant lustrous surfaces display orange-gold color. The design elements are sharply struck, including Liberty's fingers, the panes of the Capitol building, and the eagle's plumage. A few minute marks are consistent with the grade designation.