This coin features Major-General Sir Isaac Brock against an intricately engraved background comprised of the words “The War of 1812” in both English and French.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized beauty box.
- Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the popular Susanna Blunt-designed portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Shows Major-General Sir Isaac Brock against an intricately engraved background comprised of the words “The War of 1812” in both English and French.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
1st hero of a 4-hero coin series. Artist Bonnie Ross used various image sources of Brock to design the ideal image. Also featured in the design is the engraved and painted Government of Canada War of 1812 logo: it is composed of stylistic 1812 typography encompassed by a stylized maple leaf with ecru swords crossing behind it.
Protect your 1/4 oz Silver coin from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
If you are collecting War of 1812 coins, then this fine Silver coin (99.99% pure) is a wonderful opportunity for you to add to your beautiful historical collection. Add this 2012 Heroes of 1812 Sir Isaac Brock coin to your cart today!
Thanks to Major General Sir Isaac Brock (1769-1812), Canada was able to develop as a transcontinental nation due to his successful defense of Upper Canada in 1812. Brock’s initiative and bravery immediately made him a hero and was one of the most well-known Canadian military figures of the War of 1812. His actions earned him a knighthood in the Order of Bath and many posthumous accolades, including the formal title “The Hero of Upper Canada.”