|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
This is the second release in the Wildlife in Need five-coin series and features the Orangutan.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 Silver in flawless Proof finish.
- Housed in the original display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features an adult Orangutan and baby in color, against a forest backdrop. Also, the lower reverse comprises a struck design showing a pair of supporting hands with a bamboo motif, design by Karen Hull. The inscription "WILDLIFE IN NEED – ORANGUTAN" is incorporated into the design.
Add this beautifully colorized 1 oz Silver Orangutan coin to your cart today!
The Orangutan is characterized by its ape-like shape, shaggy red fur, long arms and grasping hands and feet. This "Man of the Forest" is now only found on the islands of Borneo and Sumatra in southeast Asia.
The destruction of habitats through commercial logging, forest clearance for oil palm plantations and agriculture, have contributed to this animal’s need for protection. In addition, uncontrolled fires and human exploitation present further challenges. It is more important than ever to safeguard the future of this well-loved species.
Celebrating WWF's 50th Anniversary.