The 1903 $1.00 Gold Commemorative coins were struck to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson's signing and acquisition of the Louisiana Territory. William McKinley was responsible for the Exposition.
- Contains .0483 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the Mint State-65 condition of the coin.
- Designed by Charles Barber.
- Obverse: Features the left-facing profile of President William McKinley.
- Reverse: Depicts an olive branch along with the date range “1803-1903”.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 1903 Gold $1.00 Louisiana Purchase McKinley coin to your cart today!
These coins were originally issued for $3.00 each and were housed in a variety of different ways including cardboard boxes with imprinted lids, spoons, and stick pins. The 1903 $1.00 Gold coin commemorative was designed Charles Barber. With an original mintage of only 17,500 coins, many of them were returned to the Mint where they were then melted.