A limited mintage of 1,500 one oz Gold proof coins was released to mark the 25th anniversary of Australia's official Gold coin program.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the condition of the coin.
- The First Strikes label ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of its release from the mint.
- Mintage of only 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays Queen Elizabeth II facing right, denomination below.
- Reverse: Features the "Welcome Stranger" nugget, date below.
- Sovereign coins backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your 1 oz Gold Nugget coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any bullion or numismatic collection. Add this 2011 1 oz Gold Nugget to your cart today!
The Perth Mint 2011 Gold Nugget 1 oz Proof Coin features the "Welcome Stranger" nugget, believed to be the largest Gold nugget ever found. It was discovered in 1869 in Moliagul, Victoria near the root of a tree, only two inches beneath the surface. The nugget weighed 2,284 ounces.