|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||0.5 troy oz|
This second release in the Perth Mint's five-coin Bush Babies series features the possum, beautifully colorized on .999 fine Silver. This colorized coin series celebrates the young of various animals found across Australia.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a display box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Queen Elizabeth II above the face value, weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features a colorized baby possum with Australian bush flowers, designed by Elise Martinson.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Australia is known for its unique animals and this .999 fine Silver series is the perfect way to celebrate these lovable creatures. Add this 2013 1/2 oz Proof Silver Bush Babies Possum coin to your cart today!
The possum is a small to medium-sized marsupial native to Australia. Usually active at night and preferring to sleep during the day, they nest high up in the trees. Like the kangaroo, the female possum carries its young in a pouch. The possum is protected by Australian law and is an important animal in Australian culture and folklore.