Second coin in five-coin Birds of Australia series. A mintage of only 10,000 coins adds to the collectibility of this issue!
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 Fine Silver.
- The coin is housed in a classic display case with a delicately colored, illustrated shipper and comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value.
- Reverse: Features an image of a Budgerigar in color perched on a struck wooden log, also includes representations of Australian vegetation, design by Natasha Muhl. The design also includes The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this 1/2 oz Silver coin to your cart today!
A beautiful, small green and yellow parrot, the Budgerigar lives wild in the wide open spaces of inland Australia. A nomadic bird, it flies in groups in search of water and the seeds of native herbs and grasses. Budgerigars are inclined to breed in years of abundant rainfall. Born naked and helpless, young Budgerigars typically fledge after about five weeks. In good years, huge flocks of birds can be seen twisting and turning in unison in the sky.
This coin program is inspired by the birds that inhabit the continent of Australia. Because of the nation’s island status, many of these species are unique and breathtakingly beautiful.
Beginning with the Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo, and followed by the Budgerigar, Regent Bowerbird, Rainbow Lorikeet and Splendid Fairy-Wren, this series is not one to miss. These colorful birds have been brought to life with stunning artistry and attention to detail, by the inspired hand of designer Natasha Muhl.