This unique coin is not only 1 ounce of pure Gold but it has also been certified by NGC as MS-69 Obverse Struck Thru. Errors of this magnitude rarely escape quality control at the U.S. Mint!
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Obverse strike thru error certified by NGC with the MS-69 guarantee.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.
Want to see that mint error mark more clearly? Add this Phonescope Digital Magnifier for Smartphones to your order and get up close and personal with your coin!
Containing a full ounce of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2008 1 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
Gold American Eagles -- why buy Gold from APMEX?The American Gold Eagle is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. To buy U.S. Gold Eagles for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Gold! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - West Point|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|