The 1903 $1.00 Gold Commemorative coins were struck to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson's signing and acquisition of the Louisiana Territory.
- NGC encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the Mint State-65 condition of the coin.
- Original mintage of only 17,500 coins.
- Designed by Charles Barber.
- Obverse: Features the left-facing profile of President Thomas Jefferson.
- Reverse: Depicts an olive branch along with the date range “1803-1903”.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 1903 Gold $1.00 Louisiana Purchase Jefferson coin to your cart today!
These coins were originally issued for $3.00 each and were housed in a variety of different ways including cardboard boxes with imprinted lids, spoons and stick pins. Not all coins were sold and many of them were returned to the Mint where they were then melted.