Graded a Perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo by NGC, the Proof Platinum Eagle features Lady Liberty, a symbol of vigilance and resolute faithfulness to duty.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect Mint State-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: John Mercanti design showing a portrait of the Statue of Liberty gazing confidently forward, a symbol of freedom and opportunity.
- Reverse: Preamble to the Constitution “To Provide for the Common Defense”.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your certified Platinum Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage, the Platinum Eagle combines beauty with Platinum bullion appeal. Add this certified 2012-W Platinum American Eagle to your cart today!
The unique reverse design of the 2012 proof Platinum eagle is emblematic of the principle: “To Provide for the Common Defense”, the fourth of six principles of American democracy found in the Preamble to the United States Constitution. A vigilant minuteman from the Revolutionary War represents the protection and defense of the country during its early days. The minuteman carries a rifle and a book, which symbolizes the importance of knowledge in defending our Nation. It also features an American Eagle privy mark from an original “coin punch” identified at the United States Mint at Philadelphia.