First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Lucy Hayes. This coin is graded PF-70 by NGC.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the PF-70 Ultra Cameo condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Lucy Hayes.
- Reverse: President and Mrs. Hayes began the tradition of hosting the Easter Egg Roll on the White House grounds. The reverse design represents Lucy Hayes' participation in the first Easter Egg Roll held at the White House.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add these 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coins to your cart today!
Lucy Hayes was the wife of Rutherford B. Hayes, the nineteenth President of the United States. Lucy's nickname in Washington was "Lemonade Lucy" after banning alcohol at official functions. The Hayes were in the White House from 1877 - 1881. The reverse shows Lucy Hayes participating in the first Easter Egg Roll held at the White House