This Russian market coin is a great piece of Russian history to add to your numismatic collection!
- Contains .803 oz .999 Silver.
- Comes in original capsule and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Partially colored rectangular coin features an image of Saint Igor.
- Mintage of only 2,500 original coins.
A beautiful Russian market coin. Add this coin to your cart today.
Saint Igor II of Kiev was the chosen successor of his brother, Vsevolod II of Kiev. Saint Igor was unpopular and the chroniclers accused Igor of being dishonest, greedy, scheming and violent. He was defeated by Iziaslav within two weeks of his reign. In 1147 a mob killed him, but miracles were alleged to have occurred around Igor's body. He was proclaimed a saint-martyr.